Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Beets on the Mind

Valentine's on the weekend. Yay, less daunting, right?  It's not every day you make a beet velvet cake.  Weeks ago, I made up my mind on a natural velvet cake and the hours spent in the kitchen was worth it.  I doubled this recipe for the two layers with a slight change, 3 steamed beets instead of 2 cans of beets.  I had to bake it longer, about 5 to 10 minutes more. The best part was the boiled flour frosting, no words just eat. The earthy taste of beets is noticeable, however it wasn't overpowering.  I think the beet flavor mellows with time.



Stains were unavoidable, and so was trying out the beetroot on my face.  I can't remember the last time I wore makeup, but I really like this look, so renaissance.  Curiouser and curiouser,  I've to try this tutorial.  If not, get it on Etsy.


No comments:

Post a Comment